Saturday 13 April 2013

Insignificant train journey (part 2 - final)

From that guy's POV:

"It was the day when I joined IIT. The guy from the smallest of the smallest village has reached his ultimate ambition. It was a dream come true. People say that they feel like flying when they are extremely happy. I never thought that was possible till that day. There was no ground, I couldn't feel my feet. If there is a upper limit for anyone's happiness then then I would say it is a lie because my happiness was limitless. And it increased more, much more - maybe it crossed the horizons and touched the sky when I saw her the first time. People love '2 states' novel I never understood why till that day when I saw the most beautiful human on earth who spoke in Hindi. She was bubbly fair and cute. Everything she did was beautiful even when she coughed or spilled her rasam on the floor. The way she complained about south Indian food looked like she was singing a song. I was mesmerized and transfixed. She must have been a magnet in her previous birth - at-least her eyes if not her because it still did that job.

I went to her and said hi. She replied me back with a hesitant smile.I came to know that she was there for a seminar and would leave in 2 days. I kept following her like her pet pup those two days helping her with everything I could. She started speaking a little with me. She gave me her mobile number and mail id when she left. And my friends thought that was the end of her and so did I. But no i was wrong. How could I possibly be this wrong about my own emotions? I nevber knew. I lost my sleep and apetite for sure. All those tamil movies which I watched with my friends and made fun of when heros/heroines spoke love dialogues came in front of me. I started feeling every single word. All those movies started making sense to me. Is this some kind of revelation? I never knew and I don't think I will ever. But it happened. Days became weeks and then months. 

I called her at last. The number was not reachable. I coudlnt' understnad. Did she change her number? Is she using 2 numbers? Did she lie to me to avoid me? Was I so desperate? But I didn't stop there. I mailed her. I waited and waited. At-least there was no mailer demon so I knew the mail id was correct. I got a reply from her after 1 whole week. We started chatting.

It was just few mails shared and it always took weeks to get the response but I started feeling her love. Or at-least that was what I thought. I made up my mind, got her number and called her. I proposed her the second she knew that I was on the line. She didn't reply. Her silence killed me. It still is killing me. She just said I thought we were friends. But I thought that is the ususal dialogue every girl tells. I thought I need to try again later. Give her some space. 

I did that. I never brought up that topic again for few weeks. But then I couldn't give it a rest. She tried to explain me her posisiton. She even said me that I was not even that well known friend to her. I never listened to any. She stopped replying. Her mobile number said'not reachable' once again. I didn't know what to do.

Today my 2 years MBA life gets over and now instead of starting back home, I have boarded a train to meet her directly. I know where she works and I know the name of that area where her office is. I'm planning to stand in front of her office for 1 week and wait for her. I may be lucky or I may not. If I'm I'll give her this gift because it is her birthday 3 days from now and if I'm not I'll come back again for some other occasion and wait for her. 

It took me a second to fall in love with her. But it will take a lifetime and even that will not make me forget her. Lets see if the fate wins the search or I do."

No comments:

Post a Comment