Thursday 8 March 2012

Why am I like this?


I know him for past 6 years. He is sweet funny and always by my side all the time. He takes care of me but in his own ways. He is soooo possessive on me. He lies to me in little things but I know even that is out of love. He has changed a lot in these years. He never used to understand what I used to say, what I tried to convey. He never used to understand that I'm a gal and I do have some family issues and can't be with him every second. 

But the day he proposed me and the day I accepted him as mine, he has started to bend for me. He has changed a lot little things for my sake. I'm so dependent on him and I love him a lot. Oh yes I do (well I think so) but there is something wrong. 

I don't feel my space with him. His expectations crushes me. I don't like to be with him 24*7 day and night and text him every millionth second and talk to him all the time. I don't think anyone can too. I have my own set of friends, I love being with them but he wants me to be only with him all the time. How is that possible? I love shopping, I love to roam every possible street move inside every smallest to the multi-storeyed boutique and come back purchasing nothing but with a satisfaction of spending time with my friends. But after he became mine I'm not able to do so. I had to lie to him and usually end of getting caught. I hate the way he scolds me, I hate the way he fights with me. I don't want to be insulted, I don't want to lose my dignity in front of the world. But he tells people that we fight and i really hate it. What is between us should be between us but he seeks help from outsiders and he expects me to accept it too., Why should I? If he can't understand what I feel then how will the X, Y or Z will? 

There are other things too. I have a gang of girls who rock the floor. We are the coolest gals of the decade but He feels my gang is wrong. What if they love to flirt, have a little fun or enjoy life to the fullest? Who gave him the rights to comment on MY gang? And his possessiveness and lack of space makes me lie but that he never understands that. He checks my mobile, laptop and wallet. What sort of guy will do such stupid things? I love to talk with guys. So does that mean I'm going to cheat him or a small lie or two here and there conveys a picture that I'm cheating on him? And above all he points his finger on me and expects ME to apologize. WTH? Why should I? And by anyyyyy chance if I ask him sorry what is the guarantee that such things wont happen again?

I wanted a happy life. I thought love is a fairy tale with only happiness filled and flooding. But it is all fight and heated discussions and miniature wars between us. I'm fed up. I need my space. I feel I can be happy only I'm away from him. I broke up with him. I feel relieved as he doesn't disturb me for each and every second. But I'm still dependent on him. I don't know to cross the road, buy my clothing, ride my bike or anything else for that matter without his support. 

Why am I like this?  What should I do?

P.S. Story of a girl I met in train. I couldn't give a reply to her thoughts. I felt both had to grow up - a lot more. Open to you now.

No comments:

Post a Comment